Leather jewelry, part II
As promised, another use for leather scraps. Earrings this time.
Leather or vinyl scraps
Rotary cutter and mat (optional)
1. Using a rotary cutter and mat or scissors, slice up your leather into pieces about 4 inches by 1/8 of an inch.
I cut a bit more than I needed.
2. Take four slices and a long piece of thread and align the thread with the center of the leather pieces, as shown:
Tie the leather pieces together.
Add a jump ring to the thread.
3. Now hold onto the jump ring, grab the thread, and bring it about a quarter inch down from the top of the tassel. Wrap it around several times and knot securely. Trim your thread and add a drop of glue if you’re worried about it coming undone.
The first one I made was significantly more uneven than the second, so I did some trimming to even everything up.
4. Attach your hooks to the jump rings. Allow my little friend to model:
Alternatively, you could make just one tassel and turn it into a necklace.
5. I got a little fancy and added a bit of chain to the jump ring.
Wear and enjoy!
Looking for more tutorials and DIY projects? Check out my What I Made page!