Skip to content

Voting is Open

April 26, 2011

“More polka-dots?” I hear you saying. I just couldn’t resist this dress at the thrift store, partly because it reminded me so strongly of these from Orla Kiely. Or at least it will hopefully resemble them, by the time I’m done with it.

Obviously it needs to be shorter and more fitted in the torso. It can’t be too fitted, though, because those buttons on the front? They’re totally fake. And while I guess I could make buttonholes, I’d rather not.

I put it on, marked the length I wanted it, then cut off the excess fabric. Then I took it in at the sides and hemmed the bottom.

This is what I have so far, and while it’s definitely an improvement, I think I need to fix the fit at the shoulders. There’s also the matter of the sleeves. I can’t decide what to do with them, so I’ll enlist your help. After looking at these photos I’m leaning towards the short sleeve option, but what do you think?

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed!

3 Comments leave one →
  1. April 26, 2011 2:54 pm

    Looks great! I think cutting the sleeves would make it more summery but cute either way!

  2. April 26, 2011 4:57 pm

    I`d leave them long but shorten them just a bit as they are simply too long at the moment. I`d also take them in, for me they are too roomy as they are.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: